Tuesday, December 2, 2008

oh no you di-int!

my knitting has betrayed me! who woulda thunk it. so i blocked my sweet pea coat (even though i don't get or like blocking!) and everything was going fine, la la la, until the seaming. seriously, can i hire someone to seam for me? it is truly the pits. so i went over to knitty and found their tutorial and got the sides seamed, they look a little wonky, but what can ya do?!

then came the sleeves...ooooooh, the sleeves. they look like they are meant to fit a totally different sweater, there is no way they could be put on without looking like something created for the nightmare before christmas. so i'm going to redo them. i'm going to try and pick up stitches around the armhole and just do it my way. i was ready to just throw it in the back of my closet (like so many of its friends) but i figure, i put so much work into it, and my ravelry projects page is counting on me! so i must fix.

but in the meantime i bought 6 skeins of cascade 220 to make lucy in the sky, because why not cast-on for a new sweater when i have about 10 wips and a sweater that's giving me ulcers! haha, oh swells.

in more exciting news...i got my first tag! wahooooooooo! i'm not really sure how this fancy tagging thing works, but i'm gonna give it a try.

Lovely Lisa tagged me with a Six Things Meme:

These are the rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random, arbitrary things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

1. i love love LOVE making lists, so much so, that i'll add things to a to-do list even if they're done, just so i can cross them out.

2.lately i've really been wanting a career that involves pregnant women/babies. like being a doula, or doing those baby massages i saw on oprah once.

3.i cannot touch warm, damp towels or washcloths. like the kind they put on your hands and arms during a manicure, they make me feel like i can't breathe. (i am nuts.)

4.i do not own a t.v. and this is truly sad because i am a total televisionaholic. i even miss commercials!

5.when i was little the toys r us song 'i don't want to grow up, i'm a toys r us kid' made me cry, because growing up scared me so much and i wanted to be a kid forever. and i was right! being an adult is scary.

6.i love being in groups of people and just listening. i think this makes me seem anti-social sometimes, even though i'm having the best time ever! i just love hearing stories. :)

ok i'm tagging:

Jedimom

Cimorine

Sarah

Kata

i know i need two more peeps...but i can't think of anyone! ooops. :)



1 comment:

Sarah M said...

haha, jess, your towel one made me laugh out loud!! That is crazy!!