Tuesday, March 17, 2009

i can make that.....i think.....

i finished my noro cowl! it was a super quick knit, i just cast-on 100 sts. on some 10.5's and knit until i couldn't knit no mo'. the yarn is sooooooo niiiiiiiice. its a cotton/wool/silk/nylon blend, and it's really soft to the skin. my neck can be a bit of a yarn snob, preferring malabrigo, or equally squishy yarn, but this is wonderful. here are some pics of me basking in the sun and my new noro (p.s my hair has a mind of its own)


noro sunbathing...


i was also perusing some of my fav. clothing sites and found some inspirational knits. i can't believe how much they charge for some of this stuff, it makes me want to try and make it myself! that would just be so much more satisfying. here are some of the things the i just loooOOooOve...











i know those seem a bit ambitious. i consider myself an almost intermediate :) here is something a little more my speed that i really want to try...





how cute is that?! i'm all about the bright yellow and oranges lately. i like having one big splash of color. so maybe i'll try my hand at this, a girl can dream!

<3

No comments: