Monday, June 29, 2009

baby knitting

i've started knitting william's birthday sweater! i didn't realize how complicated of a pattern trellis is (at least for me!). i'm not used to having to check the chart for every. single. stitch. there were a couple rows there that i had to knit and reknit for almost an hour. yeah, i had to set the needles aside, before someone got hurt.

but now, i'm on a roll! i absolutely love cotton-ease. although, i think it's a bit rough on my hands, i just love working with it.

i'm beginning to see a bit of the pattern...


i've put my blanket knitting aside, i'm all about the portable projects lately. :)

in other news, i've been looking at apartments, since my sublet is done around the middle of july i thought it was about that time. looking at places is....interesting. it's hard to get a roomie/apartment/location/price you like. some of those things definitely have to be compromised. with me, location is the first to be compromised, i'd rather live with someone semi-normal for not a million dollars than in the most convenient neighborhood! ;) tomorrow i am seeing a couple places. cross your fingers!

<3

5 comments:

Sarah M said...

wait, I thought you found a good place the other day>?
S

Jess said...

i did! but they see like 50 people, so i'm hoping she picks me! but i'm going to keep looking too :)

Lisa said...

Good luck. My fingers are crossed for you :)

Lisa said...

Ooooh, you can always come back and live in my spare room. The commute might be a bit long but you can share my needles and craft room! :)

Team Knit said...

looks great so far! I love baby sweaters. So much quicker.

- Julie